Tuesday, September 13, 2005

my first step to learning C#...

Saturday 10th september was another day which boosted my learning curve. The alumini of KSIT were supposed to conduct an aptitude n a tech test for us on this day. Also i had my GRE classes from 3 to 8pm and to give me more choices to leave me in a dilemma I had to attend the Microsoft Student partner training at Ramaiah at 9.The agency cancelled out on the training and the sessions were now gonna be held by the senior student partners.Now the decision had to be made .... didnt take me much time to decide and i packed my bags and left to Ramaiah.
Was worried i wud be lost in the huge city of Ramaiah, luckily i met Abhinav(my ol school buddy) to lead.Was nice talkin to Rishab(Senior partner) after a long time.Session started late as how every session starts.
Sabarish(Microsoft ambassador) delivered the first session on the basics of C# and some features of it which make the language so powerful.I jotted down some points which i will have to cover when i deliver the same to my frnz in coll.He and Sunil are speakers who inspire.They speak with so much confidence and content, seeing them i hope to get some pointers and gather my courage when i deliver my sessions.Sunil`s session was on the basics of .NET which ive heard for the nth time now and yet there`s so much to know.
The lunch was followed by the hands on lab.I`ve always enjoyed coding and coding with Visual studio .NET makes the experience much more fun.It was the day where i had my first exposure to C# and ASP.net. Never realised that working with ASP.net was so much fun. Sunil and Sharath helped us program with them and they gave demos on programming for a mobile device - An applicaton which detects any bluetooth enabled device within its range.
It had rained all the while and i had a long way to ride back home. Bid my small family of champs adieu and left with Pavan(partner of APS). I knew the day wouldnt end so soon without a lil more fun.We missed a turn and ended up touring that part of Bangalore. Thanx to all those auto drivers who led us to familiar roads and i drove back home safe n dry to listen to some great songs on Radio City. Thank god for bringing back english songs on radio.
Sunday 11th september was just another day. Attended my Gre classes from 2:30 to 7:30. Learnt a cple of geometry formulae and lotsa words which i can barely remember now.

1 comment:

Sunil Jagadish said...

Hey, KP! Cool man! Good Luck with C#!